Saturday, February 12, 2011

Brrr.....chilly!!

This was taken yesterday, one of the coldest mornings, -19*C......brrr!
Our youngest son took a MED (marine emergency duties) course this week.
It was snowing, the harbor was frozen, it was just nasty. Brrrr..
The ducks were sitting on ice from where the salmon farm boats had left earlier....brrrr!
The final test for their course was to practice what they had learned. Brrr...

On your mark....
Get set.......


GO!



Brrrr
Ethan is 3rd from left, holding a thick piece of ice.
He said it wasn't too cold, only his face was instantly numb from going under water. Brrr!
Where it was so cold they didn't keep them in the water too long, and also didn't bring out the life raft, personally I think they should have gotten the full effect. But I wasn't in the water....brrrr!
I am proud of him!!!




4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I know they're kept pretty warm in those wetsuits but I don't think I could do that. Good for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! He is brave. I don't think I could do that. I guess it doesn't matter what the weather, they have to do this for the certification. But, geeeez....
    Maybe those wetsuits are heated! LOL!
    Love your header pic. So beautiful!
    xo, misha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures, but yes...
    Brrrrrr!!
    Ethan is very courageous to jump right in there!! They need face protection too!
    Thinking of you, Neighbor!
    hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete