Friday, July 24, 2009

A happy picture!

I'm feeling a lot down, so I've searched through my pictures for a nice happy picture. Last weekend we were traveling down the road when the truck in front of us stopped, then we saw this lovely creature crossing the road then wandered into someones yard and started to eat their hostas. I do not have a fancy camera so this is very close, out of the car window, you could see the fuzz on the antlers.
Now to the reason I'm so down........if it soon doesn't stop raining we'll have to build an ark, this is the rainiest summer we've ever had and with below normal temperatures too. We haven't seen the sun for a week and that was one day last weekend and before that it was another week. I've only had shorts on about 5 times!!!!!booohoooo! Please send summer to Nova Scotia!

4 comments:

  1. Cheryl, that is a beautiful picture! Someone probably wasn't pleased that their hostas were being devoured, but ohhhh what a beautiful deer. I hope you're soon UP, with dry and sunny weather and... No clouds in the sky! I'm sending you cheer, sunshine and warm temps, Neighbor!! :) -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Tammy! I am sending you some of our warm, humid weather!

    Love the pic. He is so sweet. He could eat all my flowers, and I wouldn't care!

    Blessings, Misha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, peaceful picture. I am in awe of how green and lush it is where you live. I am in the central valley of California. It is dry and hot. And hot and dry. Did I mention it is hot and dry? Let's me n you trade a little rain for a little dry! :o) First visit to your blog. I'm new friends with two the ladies above and thought I'd hop on over here to "meet" you. Have a good rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer has been different here too. I'm ready for some dry weather too. At least I don't have to worry about water rationing.

    ReplyDelete