Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'm not very good at this, I meant for the lighthouse picture to be first! Anyway, last Sunday we went out in our friends boat, we have a really long harbour, with an Island at the entrance and I'd never gone around the whole island because it is open ocean. I get a little queasy, but did well! It was a beautiful day, so the lighthouse is on the island and can only be seen from a boat, entering the harbour. We've hiked the island a couple of times, it is 7km long, so quite a hike return trip. This was the first time I'd seen it from this angle, I was not disappointed! After we rounded the island and started back toward the harbour, we spotted a whale, not sure of the size, but very exciting just the same, my first whale!! I'm jumping around a little the name of the lighthouse is Cape Roseway and it is on McNutt's Island, built in 1788. We are waiting to see if Hurricane Bill is going to hit us....so far nothing!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Neighbor, I hope you don't mind that I used one of your last ocean pics for my computer background :) That sounds like a wonderful hike. I had to cheat and look up what 7km converted to miles. Holy Cow~ Almost 5 miles! I'm definitely impressed. But with scenery like that, how could you stop? And the whale! How wonderful! Ok, I'm babbling on and on -- I just want to thank you for letting me 'virtually' visit your beautiful area :) -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Been watching Bill's progress with my northernmost neighbors in mind. Thinking of you & family & critters - stay safe! -tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an amazing place to see! i love lighthouses!

    ReplyDelete