Sunday, May 31, 2009

Where did May go?

We are having typical Nova Scotia weather wait 1/2 hour and it will change.

This is the first nice day for a week, the lilacs and apple blossoms are in full bloom, the air smells so nice there is a nice breeze, so the flowers scents are drifting in the air.
Last evening we sat out by the fireplace till it got too misty, and listened to the peepers and froggies.
We finally got the netting up around the veg garden so we can now plant, the net is to keep the chickens out.
My pots are still alive on the step, the chickens haven't spotted them....
I put out my hummingbird feeder, and one has been visiting. I love this time of year!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds beautiful there! I hope to plant corn today.. we shall see. I don't have any chickens to worry about (I want chickens again though... BAD!). However we do have a lot of rascally raccoons who think we plant the garden and fill the hummingbird & bird feeders just for them! :)

    ReplyDelete